When I discovered the Abraham-Hicks books, recordings, videos and teachings, about five years ago, I devoured every piece of information I could get my hands on.
As I read and re-read each word written in their books, and as I listened to every word spoken, my heart leapt with joy at what I was reading and hearing.
For me, it was confirmation of the feelings I had carried with me, deep within my heart, for as long as time; confirmation that there were others who shared the same beliefs as me; reassurance that my thoughts were very “normal” ~ well, to those who share my beliefs, at least.
Abraham is very quick to point out that you either get it, or you don’t, and either way, it’s okay.
Time has passed since those early days, when I thought that I may burst with excitement at the discovery I had made. These days, the excitement and enthusiasm has not subsided, it has only grown stronger, although the feelings are different, more subdued.
Now, there’s calm acceptance of the truth, my truth, as I know it to be. My beliefs feel natural, unquestioned, and I accept complete ownership of my feelings.
If you haven’t heard the teachings of Abraham-Hicks, here is a synopsis, or perhaps a list of twelve quotes oozing with wisdom, written by Abraham. If these points “gel” with you, visit the website at www.abraham-hicks.com to hear more.
If you just don’t get it, that’s okay too.
Either way, all is well. 🙂
~ ~ ~
Abraham-Hicks Synopsis of Teachings
1. You Are a Physical Extension of That Which is Non-physical.
2. You Are Here in This Body Because You Chose to Be Here.
3. The Basis of Your Life is Freedom; the Purpose of Your Life is Joy.
4. You Are a Creator; You Create With Your Every Thought.
5. Anything That You Can Imagine is Yours to Be or Do or Have.
6. As You Are Choosing Your Thoughts, Your Emotions Are Guiding You.
7. The Universe Adores You, for it Knows Your Broadest Intentions.
8. Relax into Your Natural Well-Being. All is Well. (Really It Is!)
9. You Are a Creator of Thoughtways on Your Unique Path of Joy.
10. Actions to Be Taken and Possessions to Be Exchanged Are By-products of Your Focus on Joy.
11. You May Appropriately Depart Your Body Without Illness or Pain.
12. You Can Not Die; You Are Everlasting Life.
10 thoughts on “A Synopsis of Spirituality”
Thanks for sharing your ideas on spirituality. It bring so much purpose to my life and I love reading other people’s similar experiences.
Mollie, the wonderful thing about spirituality is that it’s best to find you very own unique “happy place”, where everything gels for you in just the right way for you. There really is no right or wrong, it’s all about how you feel. Lovely to meet you today. 🙂
Wow, I had never heard of Abraham-Hicks, but these are, indeed, many of my beliefs, as well. Will check him out! Thanks for sharing him.
I’m sure you’ll find the teachings of Abraham to be like nothing you have ever read before Kathy. You must let me know what you think. 🙂
Will do. I need to get over to your blip site. Sara told me your daughter got an amazing tattoo.
And I hear that you’ve been “Freshly Pressed”! Congratulations! 😀
Although I haven’t read any of these books yet, I’ve been headed in a similar direction spiritually for the past seven years or so. It does remain exciting to be awakened to these ideas, as the universe continues to unfold before us…
Oh yes, Barbara, the universe certainly does continue to unfold before us, and isn’t it exciting? 🙂
I have never heard of this Author before either, but the books do look interesting. 🙂
I now have this blog in my RSS feed, thank you for leaving me the link. 🙂
Thank you for dropping by. 🙂 If you have the opportunity to read any of Abraham-Hicks books I think you will find them very interesting. 🙂